Class Representatives are under the aegis of the Family Association. Typically, two parents or guardians share this responsibility for each class. Two class representative coordinators from the Family Association provide support and training to Class Representatives throughout the year.Class Representatives help facilitate connections between families and the school by:
- distributing information to families in the grade,
- providing information from families to the school and Family Association when necessary,
- coordinating class potlucks,
- recruiting volunteers to work on school-wide events,
- welcoming new families, and
- arranging for teacher recognition at the end of the year, if classes so choose.